Gymea Medical Practice is an established family medical practice which aims to deliver high quality medical care to all members of the community. Our goal is to provide comprehensive, patient-focused medical care, while also promoting preventative health care and healthy living.
Christmas/New Year Reduced Hours
Over the Christmas and New Year period, we will be working with limited staff and our hours will vary from usual. If you will need scripts over that period, please think ahead and make an appointment to ensure you have enough medication.
Your regular doctor may not be available but we will endeavour to see all urgent cases over this time.
We wish all our patients and their families a healthy and happy Christmas, and may 2021 be better for us all.
Gymea Medical Practice is following advice from the Australian Public Health and ask that anyone who is experiencing respiratory symptoms of sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing and has been in contact with anyone diagnosed with the novel Coronavirus or visited any of the current hotspots within the last 14 days do the following:
- Immediately isolate and contact your GP, Emergency Department or Health Direct helpline on 1800022222 for advice.
- If attending any medical facilities, including hospitals, pathology or general practices please phone ahead so that appropriate infection control measures can be put in place.
- For the most up to date information, visit the Australian Government Department of Health homepage, http://www.health.nsw.gov.au or call the Public Health Info line on 1800 004 599.
- People who have been to any of the current hotspots or had contact with any confirmed case MUST be isolated at home for 14 days from the last contact.
When visiting Gymea Medical Practice, we request everyone remain in their car on arrival and advise the desk staff that you have arrived. The doctor will then come and get you when they are ready. We request that all adults wear a mask if possible.
Gymea Medical Practice is:
- an accredited teaching practice for medical students and GP registrars
- a training practice for student nurses of The University of Sydney