Gymea Medical Practice is situated on the corner of Chapman St and Kingsway in Gymea, just one block down from Gymea Bay Road. The practice has been in Gymea for over 60 years, and was originally situated in Gymea Bay Road. The doors were opened at the new premises on 25th July 2005.
Gymea Medical Practice is a private billing practice. Aged pensioners, DVA gold card holders, and children under 16 are bulk billed. All Health Care Card holders are charged a reduced fee. Our current fees are:
|Standard consultation (<20 mins)||$75 ($65 reduced fee)|
|Long consultation (>20 mins)||$140 ($130 reduced fee)|
We are also currently offering telephone consultations. The fees for these consultations are as follows:
|Standard telephone consultation||$60|
|Long telephone consultation||$90|
Telephone consultations are also eligible for a Medicare rebate.
Over the years, the practice has grown from two doctors to the current eight doctors. Dr Mark Coverdale and Dr Colin Glendinning took over the practice in 1991.
All our doctors have particular interests in areas of medicine:
- Dr Colin Glendinning – men’s health, geriatrics, skin checks/procedures
- Dr Mark Coverdale – skin checks/procedures, geriatrics
- Dr Romit Saha-Chaudhury – paediatrics, geriatrics, women’s health, mental health
- Dr Leonie Tuffs – paediatrics, women’s health
- Dr Kaylene Grainger – paediatrics, women’s health
- Dr Lauren Tran – women’s health, sexual health
- Dr Scott Willcocks – children’s health, shared antenatal care, Aboriginal health, sports medicine
- Dr Olga Utkina – skin cancer checks and procedures, women’s health, children’s health
- Dr Catherine Pratten – women’s health
The practice currently employs three registered nurses; Cathie Weir, Trish Frith, and Angela.